6:30 – 7:00: Getting to know each other (TEKSystems will be providing food!)
7:00 – 8:15: Train Your Brain for a Better Agile Team
In an agile team, we need to be empowered to solve challenging problems. But how can we work with our teams to be brave and innovative when we ourselves have brains that are wired to be fearful and judgmental? That is the opposite of bravery and innovation! During this workshop we will learn and practice how we can consciously rewire our brains to become the team members our world needs. How can we alter our thoughts to keep us calm when catastrophe strikes? How can we learn to accept reality and practice empathy? Using research from the works of Dr. Rebecca Bailey, an expert in developmental psychology, and Dr. Brené Brown, a research professor, Sarah will take attendees on a journey through basic brain structure and brain plasticity. Attendees will learn how to rewire their brains and will practice exercises that they can continue at home to truly change the way their brains think. These skills take years to master, but learning to consciously change the way we think will be a great start on this journey. Sarah has been practicing and coaching these skills with parents, children, scrum teams, and scrum masters for over ten years. She is passionate about the improvements that we can bring into our lives, teams, and companies when we make the time to consciously wire our brains for success.
· Familiarity with Dr. Bailey’s Brain State Model
· Exercises to form the neural pathways to maintain composure during times of stress
· Exercises to help attendees move from the “fight or flight” part of the brain into the problem-solving part of the brain
· Exercises to develop and practice empathy
· Tools to begin transforming team culture by using intrinsic motivation